Skate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Skate Nation

Skateboarding!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TRICK TIPS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sketchy

TRICK TIPS Empty
PostSubject: TRICK TIPS   TRICK TIPS EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:45 pm

If anyone wants a trick tip for anything, I'll make a vid. It'll probably be more tranny oriented tricks, since you guys can probably do all the tricks I can on flatground anyway Laughing
Not tryin to sound like I'm a tranny master or anything, just saying it'd be cool to have trick tips on request, written or in video form. Anyone agree? Or will this thread just die Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atlskate

TRICK TIPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRICK TIPS   TRICK TIPS EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 am

fs 5-0s on qps. i know you said you can do them. i cant get onto the coping enough. so trick tip please.

cyclops cat geek flower lol!
Back to top Go down
Sketchy

TRICK TIPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRICK TIPS   TRICK TIPS EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:26 am

atlskate wrote:
fs 5-0s on qps. i know you said you can do them. i cant get onto the coping enough. so trick tip please.

cyclops cat geek flower lol!
k man, no prob.
Can't hit the park till tuesday, so a written tip will have to do for now.
The main thing about this is realising that it's not that scary. You just need to feel in control of the board. The way I learned them was by doing fs kickturns on the qp, and getting progressively higher and higher, until I reached the coping and got fs pivots. The important thing at this stage is you control the front truck, really feel the pivot. It's kind of up to you how much pressure you put on the tail. You need to be pressing right where the "centre" of the bolts are, if you get me, rather than on your toes (like you would do for a back 5-0). Then all you need to do really is come with a bit more speed and at an angle at the coping. Judge how high you need to go, and keep yourself supported and pressed on that back truck. To come out of the grind, just begin to turn your shoulders slowly, lean back into the ramp, and press HARD on the back truck, lifting your front foot as you do this to pull you out of the grind. Don't try to turn too sharply and you're sorted. You'll look like this at first when you're approching the coping affraid but just commit (how many times has that been said) and everything will work out fine, I promise. Once you get the first one, you'll want to keep doing them bigger and faster.

Mine are still kinda slashy, but meh, I have em. I swear, you'll be unbelievably stoked to get a fs grind on tranny. I know the tip was kinda vague, but this one really is all about experimentation. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
atlskate

TRICK TIPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRICK TIPS   TRICK TIPS EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:24 pm

thanks dude jocolor Basketball Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sketchy

TRICK TIPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRICK TIPS   TRICK TIPS EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 am

atlskate wrote:
thanks dude jocolor Basketball Suspect
hmmmmmmmm park is covered in ice so no vid for the foreseeable future lol farao lol! elephant Arrow cherry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRICK TIPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRICK TIPS   TRICK TIPS Empty

Back to top Go down

TRICK TIPS
Page 1 of 1